Quality Management Program
The Online Care Group's quality management program ensures high-quality telehealth care delivery. Here's an overview:
- All participating physicians or practitioners have been recruited specifically for our telehealth program.
- Many of our physicians are full-time employees. Part-time physicians dedicate blocks of time solely to the network.
- Stringent recruiting criteria include proper experience, specialty, board certification, excellent communication skills, technical expertise, and familiarity with current standards of care.
- All clinicians are US-based, US-residency trained, board certified primary care or emergency medicinephysicianswith at least 3 years of clinical experience post-residency.
Our thoughtful recruiting and physicians' dedicated focus ensures that patients' needs come first. Each doctor develops extensive experience and expertise in telehealth care.
Extensive upfront training and continuing education
- Certified American Well personnel train all providers on all aspects of the Online Care system. Providers take practical exams and test-case platform tests.
- Medical leadership trains new providers on the specific medical policies and best practices for serving patients online. Providers take written and practical exams for all clinical training.
- Initial training modules include:
- Telehealth platform training
- Clinical training, including referral and prescribing policies, telehealth appropriateness, proper documentation and coding
- Videoconferencing skills and etiquette
- Policies and procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Privacy training
- Medical leadership supplements upfront training with quarterly reinforcement sessions that emphasize specific subjects.